Method of Sale
Method of sale is by open auction/ mutual negotiation. Market hours are from 6 am to 10 am.
Dissemination of Market Information
Daily whole sale rates of 24 notified Agricultural produce items are sent to the Directorate of Agriculture, Himachal Pradesh which are broadcasted daily on All India Radio-Shimla. In addition,the market yards namely Paonta Sahib, Nahan, Sarahan & Bagathan have also been linked with AGMARKNET portal where any user can access the arrivals and prices of any market in the country. GPRS based Price Ticker Boards(PTB) has been installed at PMY-Paonta Sahib & SMY-Nahan.
Other facilities extended to the producer
A) Apni Mandi/Janta Mandi
Apni Mandi/Janta Mandi is held every week on Monday at Nahan where the farmers of the surrounding areas sell their produce directly to the consumers thus getting optimum value for the produce. Similarly, the consumers also get fresh vegetables & fruits at nominal rates.
B) Farmer Awareness Camps
The details of farmer awareness camps held during the last 10 years in a tabulated manner can be summed up as under:
|Sr. No.||Name of the Village||Date||No. of Farmer Trained|
C) Distribution of Plastic Crates
APMC also supplies plastic crates to the farmers on 50 per cent subsidy through Himachal Pradesh State Agricultural Marketing Board (Scheme sponsored by NHB) for safe transportation and storage of fruits & vegetables. Recently, APMC-Sirmour has distributed 1550 plastic crates to the farmers.
D) Procurement of wheat & Paddy by FCI
APMC provides a platform to the farmers of the area to sell wheat & paddy directly to the Food Corporation of India (FCI) at the minimum support price fixed by the Government of India. The Year-wise procurement of wheat can be summed up as under:
|Year||Wheat Procurement (In Quintals)||Paddy Procurement (In Quitals)|
E) Collection Centers
APMC-Sirmaur has established vegetable collection centres at the following places:
- Village Kamhan Banjan Tehsil Pachhad Distt. Sirmaur (H.P.)
- Village Kotri Beas Tehsil Paonta Sahib Distt. Sirmaur(H.P.)
- Record increase in market fee during 2011-12, Market fee for the first time crossed the mark of 1 crore.
- Resumption of paddy procurement by Food Corporation of India during the year 2010-11 after a gap of 9 years.
G) Future Plans
- Cold Storage & Pack Houses.
- PVC crates for fruit & vegetable markets.
- Expansion of Auction Platform (Foodgrains) at PMY-Paonta Sahib.
- Staff Quarters at PMY-Paonta Sahib.
- Expansion of Kisan Rest House at PMY-Paonta Sahib.