The Government of Himachal Pradesh has nominated 10 nos. of non-official members of the APMC, Mandi and Sh. Ved Prakash has been elected as Chairman, APMC, Mandi on dated: 18-02-2009.
Ex-official members :-
- Deputy Commissioner- Vice Chairman.
- Deputy Director of Agriculture
- Deputy Director of Horticulture
- Deputy Director of Animal Husbandry
- Incharge, Krishi Vigyan Kendra
- Secretary of the Committee
The major functions of APMC, Mandi is as under:-
- Enforce the provision of the Act, the rules and bye-laws made there under in the notified market area.
- Establish a market in the market area and provide such facilities for persons visiting in connection with the purchase, sale, storage, weighment and processing of agricultural produce concerned as the board may, from time to time, direct .
- Do such other acts as may be required in relation to the superintendence, direction and control of market or for regulating marketing of agriculture produce in any place in the market area, and for the purposes connected with the matters aforesaid, and for that purpose may exercise such powers and discharge such functions as may be provided by or under this Act.
- Do all such other acts which may bring complete transparency in pricing system and transaction taking place in the market area.
- Maintain and manage the market yards and sub market yards with in the market area.
- Provide necessary facilities for the marketing and facilitate for the transportation of agricultural produce with in the market yards and outside the yards and with in the sub market yards and outside the sub market yards in the market area.
- Regulate, conduct and supervise the auction of notified agricultural produce in accordance with the provisions and procedure laid down under the rules made under this Act or byelaws of the committee.
- Provide for the settlement of all the dispute between the seller and the buyer arising out of any kind of transaction.
- Levy, take, recover and receive rates, charges, fees and other sum of money to which the committee is entitled.
- Compound offences committed under this Act or rules and byelaws made there under.
- Any other works under the Act to lead to improvement of Agriculture Marketing.